Monday, January 22, 2007

Day Two....

My pants are officially to small. So far I've just been wearing them unbuttoned, with a sweater over the top, but now I think my bottom has outgrown my pants, it has nothing to do with my belly, lol.

On a more serious note...

26If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. 27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:26,27

That verse has been demonstrated to me so many times over and over in my life by people who have been "Jesus with skin on". I really think that "Jesus with skin on" is the best way to describe the way that I feel about that verse... Although I have felt it on a much grander scale, being called to foreign missions, and as a mother and wife. It encompasses not only our interaction with people who dont know the Lord, but as well as with those who do. Look around a church and you will see single mothers struggling to keep themselves together, not only financially but emotionally. I've had the opportunity to take their kids for a day and give the Mom a chance to relax. Its overwhelming to see the way God works in peoples lives when we humble ourselves enough to say "Ok, God. I dont want to do this, but I know that your going to work through me so Im going to do this as unto you, instead of unto man."

My "God-Mother" has been the biggest example of this in my life. When I got pregnant the first time, she never chastised me or even said that what I had done was wrong. She gently rebuked my spirit of sin, and then rejoiced with me that I was pregnant, because the child was a blessing from the Lord. No matter what I did, or whether or not she agreed or condoned what I was doing, she always made it a point to make sure that I felt loved, and included in their family. Now they refer to me as their "adopted daughter" and I truly do feel as if I am adopted into their family. Their boys(all 4 of them) are like my brothers, and I do consider them to be my brothers, whether they are biological or not.

*sigh* Thats enough for today...

3 comments:

thomas4881 said...

I'm glad you said that on the current events forum. I was in Kosovo in year 2000 and I felt like a baby sitter. I know Iraq and Afghanistan aren't much different accept for the IEDs. Bush has become a terrorist to the troops by forcing them to patrol streets all day while they don't know if the next box on the street might be the last thing they see.

I was banned from the cross walk forum on more than one ID for speaking the truth. I think a lot of administrators there aren't americans. So they have no understanding of freedom of speech. I never cussed or anything. I just told the truth like you did.

Catherine said...

No new blog entries for a long time!

thomas4881 said...

yeah i've been banned from the crosswalk forum forever,lol. On more than one IP,lol. They are intolerant of people who say "you're wrong",lol