Sunday, January 21, 2007

Here I sit...

In mute horror at the science experiment that my body has become with this pregnancy. I feel as if I have been invaded by a miniscule alien who has decided to incubate itself within me for the next 7.5 months. Obviously, this "Lovebug" is going to be a picky eater, as all (s)he likes right now are fruits and veggies, crackers, potato chips, orange juice and iced tea. I'm not quite sure how Micah and I managed to produce a vegitarian, but its apparently been done.

Perhaps after this is all said and done, I'll write a book for "real life mothers" about all the things no one ever tells you will happen when you become pregnant.

Anyway, I was struck by the writing bug this morning while I was washing my hair, and since I havnt blogged regularly since Micah was deployed, Im quite sure it will become a common occurance for the next couple of months. Hopefully ya'll can put up with my random thoughts and ramblings.

2 comments:

Jessica Morris said...

ha!! me too - tons of things happen through labor that ppl don't talk about... like the fact that you often poop when you're pushing!! I didn't, but I kept checking with them to see if I had!
And I also pushed so hard I had these tiny, blotchy red spots on my chest and arms. Not so pretty. I know I will remember more later... I'll be sure to warn you of the not so glamourous things people keep on the hush hush. Though everone is different too - we could co-author that book!

Kristin said...

After you write for real life pregnant women you'll have to write for real life mothers. I have done so many things in the last 5 months that I never, never would have imagined! It's really true what those commercials say, having a baby changes everything!