Sunday nights were my favorite of the whole week, after our evening church service we always had a dinner fellowship, and 95% of the time my family was responsible for feeding the 50 people that stuck around. Al and his wife Joyce always shared our table and the laughter was unimaginable. My mom's Lasagna was a favorite of his and mine and we always enjoyed heaping portions. He loved the fact that I ate so much and I earned the nickname of "Gull"(as in Seagull) because I'm such a nondiscriminatory eater, I have yet to meet a food I really don't like.
Al was the DJ at our wedding, and I will always remember that last parting hug I gave him since it was the last time I saw him. There is something sad, yet sweet about knowing that he is walking with our Savior and I found MercyMe's song, "I Can Only Imagine" driving me to tears last night. I can't wait to be in Heaven with all the loved ones that have gone before me, but it is comforting to know that they are walking side by side with Jesus.
I miss you Al, give Jesus a hug for me.
I Can Only Imagine
Mercy Me
(chorus)
"Surrounded by your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you Jesus,
Or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence,
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing Halelluja,
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine"

No comments:
Post a Comment